The Covenant Commitment is based on the biblical concept of being called into Covenant as “Women in Support of Women, Reaching Out with Gospel Values.” In the book of Ezekiel, God promised, “I will be your God and you shall be my people.” Because of God’s Covenant with us as a people, we are forever in relationship with God and with one another. Covenant commitment in Theresians offers us the opportunity to benefit and support an international network that carries out a very special ministry to women.
To belong to TI, a woman commits herself to:
- Attending and participating in monthly Theresian meetings. The Theresian vocation and lifestyle is nurtured and strengthened within the context of the monthly community meeting.
- Spending regular times in prayer each day.
- Studying and deepening her understanding of the call to live by Gospel values.
- Dedicating herself to ongoing educational and spiritual opportunities within and beyond the monthly Theresian meetings.
- Ministering to members by encouraging and supporting their efforts to reach their full potential as Theresian women whose vision is both global and local.
- Responding to the call to serve, she is open to leadership at the local, district, national and international levels.
- Making an annual Covenant Commitment to her community and to the Theresian charism.
- Paying annual international, local and/or DLT dues, where applicable.